With the increasing demand for high-speed internet, many consumers are looking for modem options that will offer them a fast and reliable connection. If you’re in the market for a new modem to meet your needs, CenturyLink offers some of the best options available on the market.
The actiontec c3000a is a modem that has been approved by CenturyLink. It is compatible with all DSL and Cable internet providers.
CenturyLink is a telecommunications firm that provides DSL and fiber internet services with speeds ranging from 15 to 940 megabits per second. It is a well-known brand that provides high-speed internet, fiber, phone, and other services to both home and small business clients. It offers a variety of speed options from which we may choose based on our needs and location. CenturyLink provides the ability to stream ultra-high-definition (4K) movies at a faster rate.
This article includes a list of the top ten best modems that are compatible with CenturyLink, as well as instructions on how to self-install these modems.
How to Set Up a CenturyLink Modem on Your Own
The modem box has a green light cable that connects to the wall and a yellow light cord that connects to the computer.
- The ‘CenturyLink’ app must be downloaded from the app store.
- Select the option to install your new modem.
- It is necessary to plug in the power cable. It’s also necessary to plug in the AC adaptor.
- The adapter’s one end will be connected into the wall, while the other will be plugged into the modem.
The hue of the power light changes to a solid green.
- The green cable must now be plugged in. One end will be connected to the wall, while the other will be connected to the modem.
- Within five minutes, lights begin to flash, indicating that it is in contact with CenturyLink.
- Locate the serial number in the modem after the internet light becomes orange.
- Scan the barcode with the barcode scanner on the ‘My CenturyLink App‘ program.
- The account information will be located by CenturyLink.
- Then choose “Sign no service agreement” from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you’ll be able to use the internet.
As a result, if you want to, you may customize your Wi-Fi.
Compatible CenturyLink Modems and Routers
It’s a fantastic mid-priced option from well-known brands.
- It now boasts one of the world’s biggest Wi-Fi networks.
- With a phone line connection, it automatically detects VDSL and ADSL.
- It features a dual-band Wi-Fi speed of 300 + 1300 megabits per second.
- It features a 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band radio.
- It features sophisticated control software.
- It features a Wi-Fi bandwidth of one gigabit.
- It is equipped with a sophisticated remote monitoring system.
- It’s not difficult to set up.
2. GreenWave C4000XG (GreenWave C4000XG)
A CenturyLink fiber Gigabit modem is one of the most popular CenturyLink compatible modems.
- It employs Wi-Fi 6 technology.
- It has a download speed of 940 Mbps.
- It features a total of five Gigabit ports.
- It features dual-band 802.11ax (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz).
C3000A CenturyLink CenturyLink CenturyLink CenturyLink CenturyLink CenturyLink CenturyLink CenturyLink Century
One of CenturyLink’s fastest modems, completely compatible with the vast majority of their services.
- It is equipped with Wi-Fi 5 technology.
- It comes with dual-band technology.
- It has a 200 megabits per second bandwidth.
- It monitors the quality of service queues.
- It is compatible with ADSL+ and VDSL2 technologies.
- Bonded connections are also supported.
With thirteen distinct lights on the top front showing various established connections, such as Wi-Fi, which has one of the fastest overall Wi-Fi network speeds. It claimed a maximum of 1900 gigabits per second when the AC and end protocols were combined.
- It features a strong 1 GHz dual core CPU.
- There are two USB ports on it (2.0 and 3.0)
- If you have an 8022.11 AC, it has a wide range.
- With the nighthawk, buffering lag time and Wi-Fi connections are no longer an issue.
- It contains a total of 10 amplifiers.
- It features three high-performance external antennas that aid in speed enhancement.
- Wi-Fi dead zones are no longer an issue.
- It has a bandwidth priority that is set automatically. It allows devices that need the most bandwidth to get the most bandwidth.
- It includes a useful PC backup feature.
- It’s ideal for gaming and high-definition streaming.
- It’s adaptable. It is equipped with a VDSL and DSL modem router.
Motorola MD1600, No. 5
It’s a modem and router combo. It has all of the features you’d expect from a high-speed DSL model. It offers one of the finest DSL modem performances, with excellent speed and wide compatibility. It has a Wi-Fi network that can handle gigabit transfers.
- It’s a VDSL2 AND ADSL2+ modem that works with both VDSL2 and ADSL2+ connections.
- It offers a 100 Mbps download speed.
- It works well with CenturyLink’s non-bonded DSL.
- It connects all of your gadgets to the Internet at fast speeds.
- It has a Gigabit router built in.
- IEEE 802.4b, a, g, and b devices are compatible with its Wi-Fi.
- It has a dual-band AC capability of 33 5 GHz and 22 2.4 GHz.
- It comes with four gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting PCs and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- It has a USB 2.0 port.
- It is compatible with DLNA media sharing.
- IPv4 and I’VE IP compatibility
- Works on your phone, laptop, tablet, and other devices.
- Installation is simple and precise.
- It’s not a difficult setup; it’s simple.
- Protection against surges and lightning
- Extremely safe
- Firewall with advanced features
- WPA and WPA2 are wireless security protocols.
- Virtual private network (VPN) functionality built-in
- It can function even if switched to a different network.
- AT&T internet service is incompatible.
- Verizon internet service is incompatible.
- Cable TV services are not supported.
- Does not work with vectors.
6. ZyXel C3000Z (ZyXel C3000Z)
It’s a dual-band Wi-Fi with up to four SSLDs that can establish numerous Wi-Fi networks. It includes a hardware WPS button, which enables consumers to set up their devices quickly and easily with only one button.
- It utilizes Wi-Fi 5 technology.
- It has dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.114 capability.
- It features a 5 GHz maximum speed of 1.7 Gbps and a 2.4 GHz maximum speed of 450 Mbps.
- VDSL2 is used to connect it.
- When the CPE is turned on, it works in DSL mode.
- It hosts the DSL discussion board.
- It guarantees that the service provider can deploy more quickly.
- It has standard administration, remote provisioning, monitoring, and management capabilities, all of which contribute to improved client satisfaction.
- It’s ideal for CenturyLink connections with speeds of 40 Mbps or below.
- IPv4 and I’VE compatibility
- It facilitates vectoring.
- Crosstalk is reduced by up to 150 percent.
- It’s a carrier-grade Wi-Fi that allows for seamless mobility.
- It can establish several Wi-Fi networks with up to four SSLDs, allowing video, data, and guest WLAN networks to be separated.
- It has a high level of security.
- Forms a Strong Barrier Improved security
- Firewalls with two Ethernet ports ( NAI and SPI)
- Installation is easy and straightforward.
- It’s simple to use.
- It has a good Wi-Fi connection.
- It has an internet gateway for internet access.
7) Technicolor C2000T (Technicolor C2000T) (Technicolor C2000
It is one of the most helpful modems available at a reasonable price and with a respectable speed.
- It only allows you to use the 2.4 GHz band.
- It’s only compatible with wireless technologies.
- It functions better with the advanced subscription.
- Vectoring and bonded devices are supported.
- It has a fast enough connection for high-quality streaming.
8. Technicolor C2100T (Technicolor C2100T)
A big gadget that may be deemed expensive in comparison to the speed it provides.
- It can handle any kind of subscription.
- There is just one USB jack on this single storage device.
- One of the most appealing aspects of this modem is that it may be used in remote areas.
- There are four physical LAN ports on the device.
- It offers 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual band access.
9. Technicolor C1100T (Technicolor C1100T)
A modem designed to environmentally friendly requirements does not utilize a continuous Wi-Fi speed. It makes use of a dynamic rate, which aids in switching and helps to avoid problems in a congested wireless environment.
- It has 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/h Wi-Fi capability.
- It offers ADSL/ADSL2+ up to 20 Mbps on a single line and VDSL2 up to 40 Mbps.
- IPv4 and IPv6 compatibility
- It may be the best option for customers on a tight budget.
- It does not have access to the 5 GHz spectrum.
C3000A Actiontec is number ten.
- It utilizes Wi-Fi 5 technology.
- There are four rj-45 Ethernet ports on the device.
- It has dual-band 802.11 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz capabilities.
- On VDSL, it offers a speed of 100 Mbps.
- It’s ideal for CenturyLink speeds of less than 100 Mbps.
How can I install an Actiontec modem on my own?
- With the modem, an Ethernet cable or wireless connection must be established.
- Enter the command prompt. Look for your default gateway number or numeric code by typing ‘ipconfig’.
- Open the browser of your choice. Fill in the gateway code you obtained in the previous step. Enter the code.
- Type your modem’s username and password, which may be found on the back of the modem.
The modem has been successfully logged in to you.
- A page for Verizon emerges. Go to the advanced setup page.
- Go to ‘IP addressing’ in advance setup and choose WAN IP settings.
You’ll be sent to a screen called WLAN IP settings.
- After that, you must fill out the PPP credentials. For example, in PPPOE, you must enter the email address that CenturyLink has provided you with.
- Fill in the remaining credentials in a similar manner. Save and apply are the options.
- Go back to Advanced configuration and choose Broadband settings, then DSL settings.
- Fill up the blanks with the credentials you’ve been asked for.
- Set multimode as the line mode. Then press the apply button.
- Replugging in your modem will reset it. All of the LED lights will become solid green after 5-10 minutes.
The advantages of this product, which has a 4.2/5 rating on Amazon, are as follows:
- Simple to use
- Installation is simple.
- Technical assistance
Most Commonly Asked Questions (FAQ)
What exactly is the difference between a modem and a router? Do I need both?
A modem is a piece of hardware that allows you to connect to the internet from a bigger network. A router is what enables you to use WiFi to connect to the internet from all of your wireless devices around your house.
CenturyLink’s equipment consists of a single device that combines a modem and a router. This device is known as a gateway.
What does it imply when a modem is approved by CenturyLink?
Our modems are “certified” because they have been tested on the CenturyLink network to verify that they are compatible with our internet technology and operate as anticipated. The maximum speed of the modem is determined by our technical specialists, who also verify IP compatibility. All CenturyLink-certified modems come with complimentary McAfee security protection and 24/7 technical assistance.
Whether you want to utilize a different modem with your current service, our experts can assist you figure out if it’s possible. If you’re starting a new service, you’ll be directed to buy or rent the right CenturyLink modem to ensure the greatest connection and performance.
Which modem is ideal for CenturyLink fiber service?
CenturyLink Fiber service is compatible with the following models:
- C4000XG Greenwave
- C3510XZ Zyxel
- C3000Z Zyxel
Is it possible to use my own modem with CenturyLink?
Using approved CenturyLink equipment will provide you with the greatest experience and performance. Why? Our modem/router combination (gateway) has been thoroughly tested and is guaranteed to provide optimum performance and ease of installation. Our modems also come with free technical assistance that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To use with your service, you may buy or rent a suitable modem from CenturyLink. You’ll notice a notification throughout the online purchase process if bringing your own modem is an option. Not all modems, however, can connect to CenturyLink’s internet service. To discover more about each model of gateway available, use the drop-down menu above.
Which modem is best for CenturyLink DSL service?
The following models of CenturyLink DSL internet service are recommended for optimum performance:
- Actiontec C3000A
- Zyxel C4000LZ or Greenwave C4000BG/LG
- C3000Z Zyxel
CenturyLink is incompatible with all other modems on the market. The modems mentioned above are among the most popular CenturyLink-compatible options. The above-mentioned defer queues were the most frequent issue customers had with CenturyLink modems.
Though CenturyLink has been accused of having poor customer service, it may still be utilized since it provides a broad variety of Wi-Fi network speeds and can be used for Wi-Fi in both homes and small companies.
CenturyLink is a company that provides internet services. The centurylink modems are the best compatible modems with high performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best Internet modem with high speed?
The best Internet modem with high speed is the Netgear Nighthawk X6S AC3200.
Is CenturyLink ADSL or VDSL?
ADSL is a type of broadband internet that uses the telephone network to transmit data. VDSL is a type of broadband internet that uses the power line to transmit data.
Can I replace my CenturyLink router with a better one?
Yes, you can replace your CenturyLink router with a better one. The best option would be to purchase a new modem and router from the company that makes them.
- best modem for centurylink dsl
- centurylink modem router combo
- can i use my own router with centurylink
- is netgear compatible with centurylink
- centurylink compatible modems best buy